Joanne Schenk Paull
Freelance editing projects with opportunity to apply
excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills for
the benefit of private clients.
FREELANCE EDITING AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT:
Editorial DirectorReal Estate CyberSpace Alert
- Write and edit the print newsletter of the Real Estate CyberSpace
- Coordinate newsletter production with staff and outside vendors.
- Prepare text for web site inclusion on www.REcyber.com
- Write press releases for e-mail distribution.
Project EditorCustom Communications, Inc., Spectrum Solutions,
Travel & Leisure
- Copyedit manuscripts of newsletters and white papers for corporate
and non-profit clients.
- Copyedit advertising sections and enter edits on computer.
- Proofread, edit and integrate revisions onto galleys.
- Read and correct blue lines.
- Coordinate teams (editor/writer/fact-checker/designer) to meet tight
Client Services CoordinatorBradley Investment Counsel,
- Monitor progress and scheduling of investment services for high-net-worth
- Analyze prospects' current portfolios and assist in portfolio redesign.
- Prepare quarterly reports and client correspondence.
- Edit and coordinate production of marketing materials.
STAFF MEMBER, AUDIO ALERT, INC.:
July 1978–July 1997
Managing Editor: June 1990–July 1997
- Supervised publication of two monthly investment newsletters, coordinating
contractual associates and outside vendors in the production of audio/print
- Developed ancillary publication projects as needed.
- Supervised general office operations and subscriber services.
- Functioned as liaison with company's provider of computer fulfillment
- Handled personnel functions, including hiring and evaluation.
- Served as advisor to the president/publisher on editorial matters,
marketing and company policy.
Writer/Editor: July 1978–May 1990
- Wrote and prepared for publication monthly summaries of taped interviews
with financial analysts.
- Monitored the quality of individual interviews and overall coverage.
- Prepared interview topics and questions.
- Critiqued and revised direct-mail packages.
- Assisted with special projects.
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Internship Coordinator and English Instructor—Villa Julie College,
- High School English Teacher—Baltimore County Public Schools
- College of Notre Dame of Maryland—Bachelor of Arts in English (Magna
- The Johns Hopkins University—Master of Liberal Arts
- Proprietary Lockwood Financial software
- Internet experience
REFERENCES ON REQUEST